How to Be Who You Want to Become


We've all had our fair share of celeb crushes and people we look up to. Even I'll admit, it'd be pretty nice to have Shay Mitchell's hair or Gigi Hadid's timeless closet, although I never really kept up with celebrities unless I absolutely loved them.

A lot of my "inspiration" came from the people around me- older girls who were stunning, athletic, and kept their grades up, or the people I meet on the bus terminal who could effortlessly talk to anyone without holding back.

Pretty much anyone who was 110% confident and who glowed like a beam of light when they walked in a room. Oh yeah you know, those people I so desperately wished to become.

But like I've mentioned before, I've come so far from who I used to be.


3 years ago, I wanted to reinvent myself entirely and work on becoming anything but the shy, little girl I felt I was. And, I'm about to reinvent myself once again. But this time not because I feel shy, but rather the fact that I want to improve what I've already accomplished and to really push myself into becoming this crazy confident human being.

Some of my more frequent readers will know that I've started getting more anxious than I've ever been before, and I feel like the only way for me to combat this newly-found anxiety is to go face to face with it, and see where that takes me.

How to Be Who You Want to Become (in 3 not-so-easy steps) :

1. Set a realistic and achievable goal for you, personally.
Mine is something like, "to become more well-known for my athletics, to be that one trustable friend anyone can talk to, and so effortlessly myself that the world loved me for it." Yes? I think so.

2. Figure out how you are going to achieve this goal.
I was actually in the shower when I was deep in thought (haha, aren't we all) when I figured out that the only way to break my shell is to not hesitate to talk to people. At some point, I have to realize that those people do wanna talk, except they're just in the same shy boat as you. Besides, how will you know for sure what these people are like if you don't get up and find out?

3. Just do it already, damnit. You waited this long.
This is probably the most difficult part I have yet to do... But this is my plan, and I feel so ready and excited and nervous at the same time, I just have a gut feeling that things are gonna work out okay.

And at the end of the day, we're all in charge of what we bring to our lives. So be the person who brings light to your own, even if nobody else shows up to it. Be the person who has a good day, even if nobody wishes it to you. Find a way to fuel your flame when no one else remembers to, because the world needs the light you give off.

Have you ever set a personal goal like this for yourself?

Did you accomplish this goal, and if so, how long did it take you?

(Mine took 3 years, so don't feel ashamed. Keep working towards it, I know you can do it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top