Why I've Started Blogging...

I love blogs. I think they're such a great way to connect with people who share the same worldview and interests as you. There is just something about them that I seem drawn to- the photos taken by ordinary people, or the way you can express yourself through topics... When you read a blog, it feels like you are instantly their friend, there with them every step of the way.

There has been so much I wanted to say, but unsure of how or where to say it. Like a shaken bottle of pop with the cap on, wanting to explode, letting go everything inside of them out. That's how I've felt lately- stuck.

To name a few things, my close friend confessed to me that she was bi, and another told me she was transgender. This came as a complete and utter shock, as neither of them seemed like those kinds of people. I also know a couple relatives who suffer with anxiety and depression, which is understandably difficult for the person themselves, but is also for the people around them. There are more and more things going on with my family as well, which at times, can be quite upsetting. 

Everyone has that one chapter you would never read out loud.

And to top it off, none of my close friends get it. Like they don't understand why people choose to be a certain way.

Because lets face it- so many people don't go through things like this, but yet, so many do.

And that's why I've started this blog. It's a place to talk about the things we are too afraid to say aloud. A place where, teenager or adult, can be their selves entirely.

Surely I'm not the only one who feels like this?

I have this dream that people can listen one another, and are at ease when talking about deep subjects like these. That people can understand that people feel differently about everything.
So that we can stop pretending that we are "just fine".

That would be awesome.

I'm going to say what I want to say on this blog, and it would be really cool if you (whoever you are!) join me.
This can be like our very own space to talk about what it truly feels like to be ourselves.

I also love taking photos- it's amazing the way we can freeze and capture a point in time, forever. Like birthdays, caf├ęs, road trips... It's like a physical memory! So I'll be posting a lot of those, too.

Anyways, that's all for now.

6 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across you on Twitter and I must say.. You have a very eloquent way of writing! I relate to everything you've said in this post literally 100% and I can't wait to see what other posts you come up with! I can tell you're blog is going to be amazing and you seem like a lovely girl so if you ever want to collab or just chat hit me up on Twitter @rebekkarosebeauty :) http://rebekkarosebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks so much! Your comment means the world to me :)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world :) looking forward to seeing more posts from you! Love your writing style and your name is beautiful!

    Hannah xx
    www.hannahemilylane.com | Latest post: Feeling Homesick

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your honesty and writing to open doors for conversations that seem uncomfortable. I can relate. I am of the LGBT persuasion and suffer with anxiety. I have just started a blog too. You seem to have a lovely mind, so keep at it girl! There needs to be more humans like you :)

    http://wildephene.blogspot.co.uk/
    Fay xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you so much! Hopefully some of my future posts can help at least one person in someway. Feel free to explore my blog! xx

      Delete

Other Places You Can Find Me:

Back to Top